Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy 1st Father's Day, Michael!

For My Wonderful Husband....If riches could be totaled in blessings, we are wealthy indeed! You bless my life, and you give so much. I treasure you and thank God for you. Having our Abby has let me see a tender, loving and protective side of you I've never seen. You are such a wonderful father, and I take so much pleasure in watching you play with Abby. The way she laughs when she's with you gives me more joy than anything. I feel like we are complete now, and I am completely blessed that you chose me for your wife, that you chose to be one with me. Thank you for being my husband and for being Abby's Daddy. I love you. Your wife, Jawanna


Words just aren't necessary for this one!


Michael giving Abby her bottle...bonding time!


This card was perfect for Abby to give her Daddy...after all, we call her our little "Toad Frog"



Daddy & Abby in their Sunday-go-to-Meetin' getup!


Paw-Paw Freddy...he's my mama's Daddy


Abby gives Paw-Paw a special present she made just for him


Those are her real handprints on the front and she was SO PROUD of it!


Daddys have to wear hair bows sometimes when they have little girls....


...and the little girls get to pull them out and the Daddys don't get to hollar even if it hurts



The "bow thing" caught on and pretty soon everybody wanted a turn...so here's Uncle Bo wearing the bow


...and Alan-Michael sporting the bow



Emmy-Lou stole my sugar!


..and next Erica tries out my bow


...last but not least Paw-Paw even gets in on the fun and wears my bow just long enough to get his picture made in it

5 comments:

Pam said...

Awww-so sweet. Love the smoochy photo! :)

Anonymous said...

Michael, I know you were excited about your first Father's Day with Abby. You are a great father for Abby and husband for my daughter
and Abby is getting a picture of what her Heavenly Father is like by your godly example. I count you as a "son" and I say that from my heart. You and Jana keep up the good work together!

LUV YOU ALL LOTS,
Paw Paw Freddy

Aunt Carla said...

How sweet! I was so thrilled to see a new blog- :)
As always, Abby is beautiful! And what a beautiful family.

Love you

Anonymous said...

How sweet - not just the pictures but the message from you to Michael, Jawanna...then I just read the comments from your dad to Michael. God is so Good!!!! Happy Father's Day Michael!!!

Jeanne

Peppi said...

Hey, O'Quinn Family! Just checking in on your blog. It's been a while. I love all the Father's Day photos. I am so thrilled to see the goodness of our God all over your family. What a blessing it has been for all of us to see.