Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Year and Abby is CLEAR! 11/16/09

Abby recently had her one-year checkup from the 3 major surgeries she had last year. As parents, we are so grateful that we have made it an entire year with no major mishaps. While Abby was in the hospital, we met another couple that had a little boy with a shunt. The mother told us that after 30 shunt replacements, she had just quit counting the surgeries. The first year after a shunt is placed is the most critical time and it is very easy for a shunt rejection to occur. If Abby had come down with something as simple as a common cold, even that is enough to cause her body to reject the shunt since it is a foreign object in her body. She has been covered in a lot of prayer and also received the best medical care we were able to procure for her. Between the two, we know how blessed we are that Abby has not had to be hospitalized at all. The CT Scan that was done on Abby's brain looked perfect and the shunt was still in place properly. Dr. Blount does not need to see Abby again for another year. WAAAA-HOOOO!!! God has been good to our family and we would like to give HIM all of the glory for the great things He has done in our lives. We are complete with our precious Abigail. She brings more joy to our lives than we had ever imagined possible.



Here we are waiting to see Dr. Blount. My Mama is smiling but inside she's really nervous about how I will react to seeing my doctor again.



It's always good to be in Daddy's arms. I feel safe here since I have the bestest Daddy in the whole wide world!



So far so good, Dr. Blount.....I haven't had a crying fit yet!



I think this man might be alright after all....maybe he'll let me play with his beard! (Just for the record, last time Abby practially ran Dr. Blount out of the room when he tried to examine her. Thankfully she was a little more cooperative this time! ha ha)




And here I am with Gigi, Dr. Blount's nurse. She also helped with my surgeries and gave my Daddy and Mama great advice on how to care for me after I went home.



I am all dressed up to go to church (except for my shoes). Red is one of my favorite colors.




Aren't I just the most photogenic? I'm smiling so pretty because Daddy is doing very silly things and I can't help but laugh at him.




Mommy thinks my lips are oh so kissable! We give each other lots of sugar every day.




Got to love those Chinese eyes...they especially sparkle when I smile!







1 comment:

Carla Carter said...

So wonderful.. God is so good. We are all so blessed and thankful that Abby is doing so great! Thank you Jesus!