Monday, April 6, 2009

My 2nd Birthday March 4, 2009


photo courtesy of Carla Carter Photography....thanks Aunt Carla!

We have a lot of pictures to share from Abby's 2nd Birthday Party. Actually, it was her first birthday party because she probably didn't have a first one when she was still in China. It's a very sad thought for us. But now we're overjoyed now that she's a part of our family and will always be celebrated for the special daughter she is to us. We planned her party for weeks and had such a blast buying her presents. We gave Abby a new swing set, a gold ring with a little diamond in it, pierced ears (she's finally not mad at me anymore about that! ha ha), a pretty silk blanket from China, and a bunch of new Miss Patty Cake DVD's. Enjoy the pics!


A beautiful birthday girl!




Meeting Cousin Caylen for the first time.




Just me and my Paw-Paw Freddy



I love my Mama



Playing with Chan-Man



Two pretty Princesses.





Eating some dinner before diving into my first birthday cake.



Alan-Michael is making sure I have plenty to eat.




My new swing set.




"Earl and Little Earl" (You have to be family to understand that joke)



This is Abby's "Miss Patty Cake" birthday cake.




I don't know what to think about having this big ole' cake all to myself.



Blowing out the candle with some help from Daddy.



Yeaaaa! I did it!



What?! This is ALL I get of that big cake?



Oh, well, here goes.



Mmmmmmm......





Is this legal?!




Ugh! I think I'm gonna be sick now.




Seth-Christopher about to take the plunge.




Laughing it up with my Maw-Maw Sonja.


"The Girls"



The kids think Uncle Huck is just one of them.



The siblings....Jeremy (Bo), Jawanna (Jana), Julie (just Julie) and Jason (Hunk). Yes, our family is famous for nicknames. We don't know how Little Miss Julie got past that.




A group shot of the guys.




Jana and Nano



Abby loves new clothes. And jewelry. And makeup. She's definitely our girly-girl.



This is my special blanket Daddy & Mama bought for me in China. I have a "China gift" for every birthday until I'm 18 years old.



Our little Chinese hillbilly:0)




Wow! I got a real Miss Patty Cake doll!



I love her so much; She's my favorite.




Uncle Seth & Cool Cayden




Me and my Nano




Everybody clap with me! It has been an awesome birthday.....











12 comments:

Aunt Carla and Uncle Huck said...

I love all these pictures! We were so blessed to celebrate Abby's Special Day with her and her family.

doubledaughterhappy said...

Wow, what a great celebration. I loved the photos. I always love to see Abby's smiles. Glad all went so well.
Alicia

Pam said...

great pictures! She is getting so big. I can just imagine her clapping along to miss patty cake.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michael and Jawanna, and happy birthday Abby! I bet the past 6 months have flown by! She looks wonderful, and so do you! Can't wait to come and see all of you!

Madelaine Stafford

Anonymous said...

sorry we couldn't make it. looks like she had lots of fun. shes soooo beautiful.

Gayla O'Quin

(Facebook Comment)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!

Darcie Skipper-Odom

(Facebook Comment)

Anonymous said...

sorry we missed her big day. beautiful baby girl....happy birthday abby!

Amy Kellogg Summerville


(Facebook Comment)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ABIGAIL!!!!!! Here's a shout-out from Athens, Georgia from Ricky, Trish and Aaron Hall!

Trisha Hall

(Facebook Comment)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!! I so wish we could be there to help her celebrate her "1st" 2nd birthday!! Give her big hugs from us.

Margie Montgomery Creel

(Facebook Comment)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Abigail! Parenthood...what a blessing!

Kirk Wilson

(Facebook Comment)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Abby Rae!

We love you, Marc, Tammy, Sarah and Laura

(Facebook Comment)

Anonymous said...

Please wish Abigail a very Happy Birthday from us!! She is so precious!

Fonda Estis White

(Facebook Comment)