Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Abby's First Christmas

This Christmas we have had more to be thankful for than ever before. How many years have we celebrated Christmas and thought, "Well, another year has gone by and still no baby." Nothing can leave you feeling more empty or lifeless than a home without new life. My, how things have changed for us this year! Now we have constant commotion and chaos, and even more constant laughter and joy than our home has ever known. We want to share a few of our favorite Christmas pictures with everyone. Hope you all enjoy!



My First Christmas (December 24, 2008)



After almost 18 years of marriage......




We finally have this precious addition to our family!





A beautiful new Christmas dress sent to Abby by Peggy Shoemake and daughter, Kelli, from Hattiesburg, MS. Isn't it just perfect for such a special occasion?!



Jawanna with our long-awaited gift:0)



"Can I pweeeeease touch the ornaments?"



Can you see the "moment of truth" in this picture? Oh, well, maybe next year she'll appreciate the presents a little more!



You've got to be kidding! There's more?



Will Smitty bite me if I pull this?



Striking a beautiful pose so I can get what I really want!




Playing the piano, just like mommy!



Bring on the eggnog, Mama!



My first taste of eggnog. This is an O'Quin tradition that Mama doesn't really care for. Now Daddy has an eggnog buddy!



Merry Christmas from the O'Quin Family to all of you!



"Thanks be unto God for his indescribable gift."

3 comments:

Paige said...

She is just beautiful! I'm so happy that you all are doing so well. I've been keeping up!
I can't wait to meet Ms. Abby! You have a wonderful New Year with your sweet little angel.
Take care...

Pam said...

We got the best gifts this year didn't we? Abby looks beautiful in Christmas finery!

Love, pam

Anonymous said...

Oh Jawanna... these are the cutest pictures of Abby. Michael must have already opened his camera!! He really took some good shots. and I love Abby's dress.

Love, Aunt Carla