Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Surgery Postponed

Just a quick note to let everyone know Abby's surgery was postponed until tomorrow. Dr. Wellon's wife is having her baby today. The other surgeon that performs these type operations has a full load today. So truthfully we are grateful that she is not just going to be worked in, as this is a very delicate operation. We have been assigned a new neurosurgeon, Dr. Rozelle. We have not been able to find out anything about him. He is new here at Children's Hospital and is not even listed under their neurosurgeons yet. A new consent form was brought to us since the surgeon has been changed, but we requested to meet him before we signed the consent. As far as we know, Abby's surgery will be done tomorrow but we have not been given a time yet. We'll keep you all posted. Continue to pray for us as well we need the strength to see it through to completion.

Thank you, Alicia, for sharing this encouragement:
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Look back,
remembering where Christ has intervened
on behalf of your family.
Look ahead,
with confidence,
that He will continue to do so.




Abby was visited by two really great clowns this afternoon, Giggles & Jellybean. We didn't know how she would react since she usually cries every time someone new walks in her room. But she had a fun time playing and laughing with them. Thank you for stopping by Giggles & Jellybean...you really made Abby's day a lot happier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Rebecca and I go to church with a friend of yours at First Baptist North Mobile. She gave me Abby's name and I thought I posted a note to you last night but I don't see it. So anyway, I just want you to know that we are praying for you. We have a little girl from China too. I read through your entire blogspot and I feel so close to you and have fallen in love with your little Abby just through her pictures. She is soooo beautiful and her smile reminds me so much of my little girl. I could go on, but for now I will just say that we are praying and the adoption group at our church had prayer for Abby (and mom and dad) tonight at our meeting. We will continue to pray and keep in touch. Rebecca