Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Heartfelt Thank You to Family & Friends




Our time here in China is coming to an end. We will be here tomorrow (Wednesday) and then fly home on Thursday. Yipppppeeeeeeeeeee! There are no words to describe this experience. We've only had Abby a few days but yet we can't remember ever being without her. She has always been in our hearts.

We ask that you all pray for us on the long flight home. Abby's medical condition is quite delicate and we have to be so very careful with her. Many people have wanted to pat her and hold her and we have turn away to keep her from being injured. So we would appreciate your prayers for our flight home as we will be awake for well over 24 hours. If anyone has questions about our Abby, please email us directly and do not post your questions on the blog. We are happy to speak with you in private.

We also want to thank all of you who have emailed us and posted comments to our blog. Your kindness has meant so much and has encouraged us more than you will ever know. We are planning to have this blog made into a book for Abby so that one day she will see how much she was wanted and loved. If anyone out there would like to say something to her, please post a comment on the blog within the next 24 hours before we leave for home.

We will be posting a few more pictures for you all to see tonight and tomorrow. Thank you all for joining us on our journey "To China for Abby."

With Our Love,
Michael, Jawanna & Abigail Rae

6 comments:

doubledaughterhappy said...

Wow. I have so enjoyed keeping up with your China journey. Abby's smile is amazing. We will pray for your travels home and look forward to meeting your sweet daughter in person.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Abby,

Long before your Mommy & Daddy's arms held you, their hearts loved you. When they couldn't be with you, they prayed to God, who was already there with you, that He would watch over and protect you. That same God held them too, as their hearts ached for you.

I know God must have a very special plan for your life. Your mommy and daddy will be telling you all about our wonderful God. He loves you so much and has blessed you with wonderful parents, just as He has blessed them with a beautiful baby girl named Abby.

Love, Miss Peppi

Anonymous said...

Welcome Baby Abby! You are so beautiful and such a gift from God to your parents. I have so much enjoyed following your Mom and Dad's wonderful journey to China to bring you home to stay! May God Bless you, your Mom and Dad as you travel home! I was so pleased that Peppi shared your blog with us! Jesus Loves You! Bro. Jerry and Joy Anderson - The Cornerstone Baptist Church, Semmes Alabama

Anonymous said...

WE love you Abby and will welcome you Home with lots of love. WE are so happy that your mommy and daddy have you to forever love.
Thanks Jawanna for sharing your post with me. I have laughed and I have cried - I enjoyed every last post. I can't wait to meet Sweet Abby. WE will be praying for your journey HOME.
Hugs and Kisses from Aunt Carla and Uncle Huck.

Anonymous said...

Michael, Jana,&Abby "Rae" Carter O"Quin,

We are doing final count down till we get to see a much loved "TRIO". I can hardly wait. I have did my best to stay in touch with all as much as I could. The phones would not corperate with me at all so I did my best with my new toy. I have really enjoyed this thing. Glad you all went to China so I would have an excuse to get one. I know that you all are going to be busy packing to make the trip back home. You all are covered with lots of prayer. We will have a celebration Thurs. night when we have a family reunion.

"MUCHO LOVE", Daddy

Demetrius and Amy said...

Sweet Abby,

By the time you can understand these words you will already know they are true. Your mama and daddy longed for the day they would hold you in their arms. You are loved beyond anything you could imagine.

Love, Mrs. Amy Summerville
Social Worker-Lifeline