Saturday, September 6, 2008

Laugh at My Expense!

An unexpected kiss from our Angel!


It's after 11:00pm here and we're exhausted but happy. Today we flew from Lanzhou to Guangzhou, which puts us just a little closer to home. We'll be here 5 days and fly home on September 11th. Michael and Abby are both doing great but Jawanna is suffering horribly from homesickness and malnutritin (ha ha!). Her dad's computer has been out of sorts the last few days, but hopefully the computer will be fixed soon and we will have comforting words from home.





Just thought all of you out there might enjoy a funny little story that happened. Those of you who really know me (Jawanna) will really find this hilarious.....when we reached Guanzhou today we were all spent since we had been up since 4am and Abby had not taken a nap the entire flight. She can really be a handful! Well, we got to the motel and not long after that our guide, Kelly, dropped by our room to chat with us about tomorrow's plans, etc. She picked up the little book we had sent Abby before we got here that had pictures of us and our families in it. The last picture was of Michael and I together and Kelly looked at it, pointed to my picture and said, "Is this your daughter?" I said, "No, that happens to be me. I just look horrible right now." Talk about busting your bubble! I looked so bad that she thought I was my own daughter!





Okay, if you're all through laughing now, I'll tell you that I've waited almost 17 years to have my makeup kissed off, my hair messed up, baby food all over my clothes, and a general lack of sleep from rocking my baby in the night. So no matter how haggard I may look to the rest of the world, I'm completely content and happy. Having this little joy in my arms is worth whatever price I may pay!

7 comments:

Carla Carter said...

I read todays blog to Nano and this is what she says to tell you...
She misses you like crazy. Like no one would believe, to hurry up and get home. When you get home, she will fatten you up!! (YUM YUM - nothing like Nano's cooking -thats from Carla)
She is so happy that you are doing well and content.

Carla Carter said...

Little Sweet Abby is keeping you busy... oh, the precious memories you are making. You will always treasure these moments. I am so glad you are taking lots of pictures and sharing them with us.
I love the picture you posted today -
And Jawanna, you look Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Jay, I have to admit I laughed out loud at that one. At least she didn't tell you your backside was huge (which I heard more than once in China). I wonder if your guide Kelly is the same one we had for Isaac's adoption. If so, she's great! We love you and can't wait to meet Abby in person.

Demetrius and Amy said...

So sweet~the joys of motherhood. Welcome Jawanna...

Anonymous said...

We have enjoyed reading all your post and the pictures you guys have posted. She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you guys. We cannot wait to meet this little girl. Look forward to you guys being home.

Love Breck and Christy and Family

Anonymous said...

Jawanna, this post made me cry! I am so happy for you both (really all 3 of you). Don't be embarrassed! Being a mom is the most rewarding, exhausting, thrilling, self-less and heart worthy thing anyone can be (notice I said, "be" not "do" )You are now and forever will be a "MOM!" congratulations :-)
Madelaine

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jana!

I saw the picture on Abby's blog of her kissing you. Just melted my heart. And I'm so glad you have messed up hair, dirty clothes, need sleep and are still happy. I just wish I were there to share it. We've waited a long time for this!! Ha-Ha!!!
I hope you get this, and know how much I love you. Hugs and kisses to you all.
Julie