Saturday, September 6, 2008

Meltdown in China

Abby's first pizza!


Yesterday was a trying and long day. It was one of those kind of days that you just need a big greasy slice of American pizza to make it all better. After our flight and drive/check-in at the White Swan Hotel, I went to visit the concierge to see about getting some pizza delivered. First the concierge tried to send us down the street (with a tired baby and no stroller) and I wouldn't have it. So then he called Pizza Hut and handed me the phone to place my own order. The employee spoke "English" but I couldn't understand a word of it and handed the phone back to the concierge. Come to find out, Pizza Hut said they didn't know where the White Swan Hotel was located and couldn't deliver. So the concierge just stood there and looked at me. And I just stood there and looked at him. I wasn't moving until he got me some pizza and when he figured that out, he picked the phone back up and ordered me some pepperoni pizza from Papa John's and they delivered it 30 minutes later. Normally I can only hold 1 or 2 pieces of pizza, but I think I ate 4 or 5 pieces and enjoyed every last morsel. We have learned rather quickly that on some occasions the folks here pretend they don't know what you're talking about, or they'll do what you asked but then you don't really get what you ordered. Yesterday it was just not negotiable....and I was one happy chick to get loaded on some REAL American junk food!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abby - that is all your cousin Zachary eats - Pizza Pizza Pizza. And he can eat an entire pizza all by himself. I would like to say it because he is a growing teenager, but Zachary is already 6 feet tall!!